Current Outreach Projects
2022 Community Outreach Opportunities
Thank you for checking out the outreach opportunities below! Please mark your calendar for the opportunities you want to get involved with!
As we approach each event, more details will be communicated. Many of these events will be placed on our events page here. If you have questions or want to get started today, email . Before volunteering, you'll need to complete our Volunteer Application. Click here to fill out the application.
- Compassion Connect
- Christmas Stockings - sewing / donation procurement
- Gresham High School
- North Gresham Elementary School
- East Hill Community Garden
- VBS (Vacation Bible School July 25-29) Register here
- Music Mondays at the Gresham Arts Plaza (Splash pad) (Mondays in July & Aug) Register here
- EH Family BBQ (July 31st) Register here
- Coat Drive (September)
- Teddy Bear Parade (September 24, 2022)
- Harvest Festival (Oct 31st?)
- Thanksgiving Meal Collection / Distribution (November)
- Joy of Christmas (December 17, 2022)
- Compassion Connect (January 2023)
The USDA government food box program we have been facilitating on Thursdays has ended. The last day for these food boxes was June 3, 2021. If you are still experiencing food insecurity or need assistance with housing, utilities, health care, etc. please call 211 to receive help.
Other places you can find food:
BIRCH Community Services - amazing resource for food - small fee - GREAT food, food source for those NOT receiving SNAP OR TANF, someone in the household IS working, able to volunteer and willing to discuss finances - read about them on their website: birchcommunityservices.org
- FOR FOOD - 17788 SE Pine St. 97233 Ph. 503-674-8785 Mon-Fri 10-2 must show proof of address (unless you are experiencing homelessness).
- FOR CLOTHES - 1271 NW Civic Dr. Ph 503-674-8785 must make appt., 1-2 people /family can shop
Salvation Army Gresham Corps 473 SE 194th Ave, Portland 97233
- Emergency Food Box (3-4day supply) Mon through Thurs 9am-12 noon, 1 box every 30 days, must show ID and current mail w/ proof of address
- Free Food Market- Fresh Produce and Pantry Supplies, First Wednesday of ea. month, 9-11am
Portland Adventist Community Services (PACS) 503-252-8500
Oregon Food Bank (Food Finder online) 503-252-0555
Sunshine Division 503-823-2119
Centennial High School - food4families.net
East Hill Church has a limited supply of nonperishable pantry items available at the church office once every 30 days - call for more information 503-661-4444
To search for other food assistance sites, click here.
The East Hill Community Garden is well under way for the 2022 growing season. We need plenty of volunteers to help in the garden!
Moving forward we have boxes to build, soil to fill, and seeds to sow. We also have LOTS and LOTS of watering to attend to in the hot summer months. Perhaps the garden is not your place to be but rather, you would like to be a liaison for the vision by alerting the local community to our presence and procuring donations of materials, tools and plants.
However you would like to volunteer, we have a spot for you.